Support.brother.com - Install Brother printer drivers on wireless network
Different printer brands are available in the market. Brother is one of the most liked brands in terms of reliability and affordability. The company was started in Japan in the sewing machine industry. It has been involved in developing different types of technologies in its journey, such as Brother Label makers, Brother Office machines, Brother Projectors, and more. Moreover, if you are looking for a cost-effective option, you can confidently go with Brother Printers. You can follow support.brother.com to get official support or find various products.
Brother Printer: Set it up on Windows 10
It is not complicated to set up Brother Printers on Windows 10. You can do the setup in a few minutes. However, this task can be frustrating for you if you don’t follow the required things correctly. The easiest way to install a printer is through a USB cable. Another method you can try is the wireless setup. You will learn all these methods to establish a Brother printer on your Windows computer.
Method 1- Install Brother Printer through a wired connection
Installing Brother Printers through a wired connection is effortless. You can do it in a few easy steps. The first thing you have to do is download the printer driver that works like a connection medium between the computer and the printer. The good news is that Windows 8 or newer versions come with in-built printer drivers. You can start the printer setup by installing these drivers. Overall, you need to install the relevant driver based on your printer. And then, follow the below steps.
- Use a USB cable and connect the printer and the computer.
- Don’t forget to power on the printer.
- On your Windows PC, find the Settings app and open it.
- Under Settings, you have to tap on the Devices
- Within Devices, you need to select Add Printer or scanners.
- Your system will show a wide list of available printers.
- Find your printer in that list and choose it. Go through the on-screen directions to finish the setup.
- If you don’t find your printer’s name in that list, you have to tap on “The printer that I want isn’t listed”
- You will see a new window requiring your consent to add a printer.
- Choose to add a printer with the help of the TCP/IP address of the Brother machine.
- Find your printer IP address and fill it in the Hostname or IP address box.
- Checkmark the option called “Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use.” Then hit Next.
- On the next window, you will have to add the printer driver. Choose Brother in the manufacturer list. Now choose the model number and name of your Brother printer. Tap Next.
- Finally, tap Finish to finalize the setup.
Note that if the correct name of your printer is not available under Add Printer tab, you need to tap the Update Windows option.
Method 2- Install Brother Printer wirelessly
Setting up Brother Printers without cables is more straightforward compared to the wired process. The advanced printer automatically finds the network and gets connected. You need a reliable internet connection to complete the installation. Following are the steps to set up a Brother machine wirelessly. Moreover, if you want to get more from Brother, visit brother.com/support.
- Power on both computer and printer.
- Access the printer and open Settings, and then select Setup.
- Under Setup, choose Wireless LAN Settings.
- Now, you will see available Wi-Fi networks near you.
- Select the correct network by tapping on the SSID.
- Type the network password and hit finish.
You will get a confirmation message when your printer gets successfully set up on your computer. To ensure, navigate to Devices and then Printer & scanners on your PC and see your printer is online.
How to fix ink-related issues on Brother printers?
If you are getting trouble regarding ink on your Brother machine, you can fix it. Look at the below troubleshooting steps if your printer is producing poor prints.
- First, you have to unplug all cables connected with the machine, including the power cable.
- Now open the printer cover and take away the printer platen. You have to lock it in an open position.
- Take a dry and clean cloth and wipe the ink from the platen.
- After cleaning the platen properly, you have to place the platen and close the printer’s cover.
- Now plug the printer’s power cord into the electrical outlet.
- Start the printer and take a test print to see the quality.
How to fix the paper jam problems on Brother printers?
You may face this issue if the paper has not been loaded correctly on the paper tray. Or the problem may be with the paper quality and cartridges. Look at the following tips. They might be helpful for you.
- Make sure you are using good quality paper. Your printer will not work correctly with moisturized paper.
- You have to set the pages on the paper tray perfectly.
- Avoid overloading the paper tray.
- Make sure that any other material is not coming in the way of the printer.
How to reset a Brother printer?
If you are experiencing more issues on your Brother printer, a reset may help you. Here is how to reset a Brother printer.
- First, you have to unplug the printer and hit the Menu tab located on the panel.
- Next, hit the Up and Down Arrow key and select the Initial Setup Then hit OK.
- Again, you need to tap Up/Down Arrow and choose the Reset key.
- Finally, choose the reset function and tap OK.